Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Road Rules, What?

What an awesome day it was! TfA continues to amaze me with every person I meet. For instance, today Kim leans over and says, “Hey, isn’t that guy from Road Rules?!” Being the skeptic that I am, I tell her no. She continues insisting that he is but refuses to ask him. Finally, being the brazened individual that you all know me to be, I ask if he is and he replies yes. Weird! Apparently, he was from that one season of Road Rules where they would eliminate a cast member if you fail 3 missions in a row. I guess he didn’t last long on the show because I don’t remember him.

Today was a hard day because we were trapped in a room for what felt like 4 or 5 hours (and truthfully, it probably wasn’t too far from that). It was a lot of logistical stuff, which is always boring. However, good things come to those who wait. After the arduous amount of sitting and paperwork we did, we were set loose upon a medium spread consisting of many hor d’ourves and cheese cubes. The best part of that was the 4 glasses of wine I had (Chardonnay and Merlot). You know I love the vino. I got adequately toasty and went home with other TfAers so we could go out more and watch the basketball game. We got to the bar and it isn’t the game that interests me, but this nice young lady named Liz Wolf. We talked about our lives and I was funny how much we had in common. We like the same music and did many of the same things in college, like Orientation Leading. I got contact information from her, so I could keep in touch and I intend to. She seemed genuinely interesting and liberal. That’s not all that matters, but it is a good start!

Well, that is it for now… Gotta get some shut eye so I can continue my training. Ciao Bella!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home