Small Victories
Today seemed endless. More sitting in stuffy rooms listening to what speakers promise to be the most important piece of information at TfA. That’s alright… It is all good stuff and I am so excited that I am here. A teacher from a school came as our keynote speaker and he was actually really good, once I gave him half a chance. I have to admit that i was skeptical at first. He gave a lot of good advice about having a clear vision and being rigorous in our instruction and in between, there were bouts of clapping and chanting.
A few of us got into a wonderful discussion about race and the perceptions of race in America. I am definitely in the presence of very intelligent and articulate people. They know what they are talking about and how they want to communicate it. Later in the night, the roomies and I talked a lot about social justice, agism, and Liberal America.
So in the few days that I have been here we have discussed religion, race and soical justice. I am truely in the presence of some really great people.
The next thing I have to mention is that they also objectively look at the TfA program. They critisize it and love it all at once. It is nice to see that kind of love, the adult kind where you want what is best for what you love, not blindly love something.
It's getting late, and I have my first interview tomorrow. Wish me luck out there on the ISH!
PS... This entry is called "Small Victories" because I navagated the NYC Subway system alone! I traveled from the Financial District (the most southern portion of Manhattan) to Western Bronx (which is past the most norther portion of Manhattan).
A few of us got into a wonderful discussion about race and the perceptions of race in America. I am definitely in the presence of very intelligent and articulate people. They know what they are talking about and how they want to communicate it. Later in the night, the roomies and I talked a lot about social justice, agism, and Liberal America.
So in the few days that I have been here we have discussed religion, race and soical justice. I am truely in the presence of some really great people.
The next thing I have to mention is that they also objectively look at the TfA program. They critisize it and love it all at once. It is nice to see that kind of love, the adult kind where you want what is best for what you love, not blindly love something.
It's getting late, and I have my first interview tomorrow. Wish me luck out there on the ISH!
PS... This entry is called "Small Victories" because I navagated the NYC Subway system alone! I traveled from the Financial District (the most southern portion of Manhattan) to Western Bronx (which is past the most norther portion of Manhattan).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home