Monday, May 05, 2008

New Goals of Far Off Lands

Hey everyone, I haven't written in a while. China was great, as you know from those pictures from my previous blog. At the latest staff meeting we were told of the trips for next year. I cannot wait or choose for that matter, so I might not. I have it pretty set in my mind that I am going to Egypt, Turkey, and Peru next year. I know that sounds extravagant, and dare I say a bit irresponsible, but I didn't travel during college and now that I have a career in teaching, I feel justified to do so. I have no kids and I am in good health (knock on wood).

Everything has been normal and I wonder if I am being challenged in my job, but for the most part I am happy with what I am doing in life. I know a lot of people are having troubles with what is happening (or not happening) at my school, but I am taking it in and not letting it get me down. Mr. Ma has his own corner of the sandbox and does well enough to not be bothered. I am lucky in that regard, but many other teachers are not. I wish so many good things for my school, but my ability to effect large scale change is limited.

One example of the strange conditions in which I work; there is no paper for photocopies. If you need to photocopy during the day, you must provide your own paper. One can put in an order for photocopies and hope they come in the next few days, but I teach fewer than 50 kids in the day, so it seems foolish to do so. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Shameless plug... please go to my grant for materials and donate for my class. Donate as much or as little as you want, or if you could pass along the link, that would be great! (http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/proposal.html?id=169104)

1 Comments:

Blogger Ouch! said...

Carey:


Travel and travel often! You will never know when you will get another opportunity to travel!

Uncle Richard

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home