PD-ing it up in March.
With the year more complete than just started, I have come a long way in my practice. I have a long way to go before I can even begin to say that I'm a good teacher, but I am getting closer everyday. Instead of teaching mainstream 9th grade students, I now teach 7th grade special ed. It has been a blessing. I have my own room, and space. The other day I went to Project Cicero and got a box of books for FREE!!! I know my students won't appreciate the effort, because like most children, they assume that the world works for them, but that's okay. I'm not a martyr.
Right now I am in a PD that is teaching me how to use a computer program. It is not very sophisticated and it is easy to navigate, but there are many teachers who do now know how to do simple things on a computer. I can't say this was useful or even worthwhile other than getting me out of the school for the day. I know how to use a computer, better than most of my trainers (probably).
No pearls of wisdom, but I think that things are finally getting better.
Right now I am in a PD that is teaching me how to use a computer program. It is not very sophisticated and it is easy to navigate, but there are many teachers who do now know how to do simple things on a computer. I can't say this was useful or even worthwhile other than getting me out of the school for the day. I know how to use a computer, better than most of my trainers (probably).
No pearls of wisdom, but I think that things are finally getting better.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home