Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Is it really only Wednesday of the second week of school?!

You know the saying, if it's too good to be true, it probably is. Never has it been more appropriate than when talking about Mr. Ma. The first week and a half have been a blur of changes, class chaos, and cute kids. I am now THE special education English teacher. No one sees more special education students to teach reading and writing than me. I am always amazed at the unorganized nature of my school. Apparently, knowing what subject you are teaching, what classroom you are teaching in, and which students you will be teaching is sensitive information. It is honestly like a secret at my school, known only to a select few.

Last Thursday, I taught every class period possible. There were assemblies first and ninth period, and middle school lunch sixth period, but otherwise I had students. Good thing they had diagnostic testing, because I was not prepared to teach for the whole day.

My students are cute, and good... so far... but I can already feel that changing. Some of them are becoming much too bold in my class, and that will have to change. Mr. Ma will have to return in full fury. My eighth grade students are okay, but I am still having to ask them to be quiet. I am just thankful that other teachers are having similar issues with the same students.

Apparently, I am to teach American Sign Language again. I already feel like it should be much later in the year than it is. At least I am not the middle school punching bag. They have newer fish to fry.

Not as negative as I thought this post would be, but I never got to how much I hate Pace University... :) Until next time my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home