Degeneration of common decency.
There are really only two things I expect when I see a movie, even more than a well made movie with a driving plot and actors that know how to suspend my belief. What two little things am I looking for when I go to the cinema? I am looking for silence and darkness.
For the most part, people have the silence part right, though some self-important bi-otch decided that talking on her phone was more important than common decency. People know that talking during a movie, having a cell phone ring, or a noisy child is a film faux-pas. You just don't do it!
But lurking out there are seemingly ordinary people who are so important that they MUST answer every beck and call that is sent to their Blackberry or Blackberry-like-devise. I saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (I give it 2 stars out of 5) and what must have been an official government employee was messaging on his blackberry. When did people become so important and entitled that common decency is optional?! I want to know.
For the most part, people have the silence part right, though some self-important bi-otch decided that talking on her phone was more important than common decency. People know that talking during a movie, having a cell phone ring, or a noisy child is a film faux-pas. You just don't do it!
But lurking out there are seemingly ordinary people who are so important that they MUST answer every beck and call that is sent to their Blackberry or Blackberry-like-devise. I saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (I give it 2 stars out of 5) and what must have been an official government employee was messaging on his blackberry. When did people become so important and entitled that common decency is optional?! I want to know.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home