Spelling Bee with B
Last night was when I said goodbye to Brianne Nicole Connelly. We got together and saw the Broadway musical "Spelling Bee." It was a laugh riot! We also got cheese cake from Junior's. Good cheese cake, you should get some next time you're in NYC. We met this mother/daughter duo going to a different show. Brianne has clearly only been talking to non-native New Yorkers because these women were straight out of SNL's "Coffee Talk with Linda Richmond." It was HI-larious. Brianne asked if they were from out of town and I wanted to say something, but kept quiet.
The older lady kept telling me that if I ever wanted to get out of teaching in such a "challenging school," to go to Long Island. No thanks... On our walk between places, I was grumpy at the tourists. Brianne thought that the tourists made NYC cool. I beg to differ, my friend.
Spelling Bee was funny and smart in a weird way. It had themes of a coming of age story with commentary on the different types of people in our society. Winning the spelling bee becomes a metaphor for success in our society and each child has an epiphany with each defeat. Funny, definitely! Smart, high possibilities.
Price of Tom's Pizza... $2.75
Price of Junior's strawberry cheese cake with two waters... $10.72
Price of tickets to "Spelling Bee"... $50.00
Price of dancing with Brianne at the 50th St. platform to a homeless singer... PRICELESS!
(Now that is some CHEESE!)
(((((Quick Rants)))))
Red grapes with seeds are gross. All natural peanut butter is fine, but not as good as the stuff with all the sugar.
The older lady kept telling me that if I ever wanted to get out of teaching in such a "challenging school," to go to Long Island. No thanks... On our walk between places, I was grumpy at the tourists. Brianne thought that the tourists made NYC cool. I beg to differ, my friend.
Spelling Bee was funny and smart in a weird way. It had themes of a coming of age story with commentary on the different types of people in our society. Winning the spelling bee becomes a metaphor for success in our society and each child has an epiphany with each defeat. Funny, definitely! Smart, high possibilities.
Price of Tom's Pizza... $2.75
Price of Junior's strawberry cheese cake with two waters... $10.72
Price of tickets to "Spelling Bee"... $50.00
Price of dancing with Brianne at the 50th St. platform to a homeless singer... PRICELESS!
(Now that is some CHEESE!)
(((((Quick Rants)))))
Red grapes with seeds are gross. All natural peanut butter is fine, but not as good as the stuff with all the sugar.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home