Update and how I suck and Many Boroughs.
Update on my Winter Break...
I was really stoked about Winter Break with the family and friends back in the good old MN (Minnesota), and not Mn (Manhattan). I really got a chance to get some rest and open some pretty awesome gifts. I really miss being about to just laze about and not do anything, and have a mom and dad who insist on doing everything for me. I went to Missy's "Move Over Baby Jesus, it's My Birthday" celebration extravaganza. Props to Liz for driving us to and fro.
Update on how I suck...
Several things make me a sucky teacher, the top two are when I was the sole cause of a student to weep in my presence. Students have cried before in front of me, but I had an overwhelming urge to say, "STUDENT'S NAME, DON'T YOU DARE CRY." I had the better sense not to. Second, I am damaging my students because I am making them anxious about the upcoming English Language Arts Exam.
Update on my MLK Day...
In lighter news, over the MLK weekend, I was in so many boroughs! In one day I was in Queens and Brooklyn (Manhattan is a given). I went to a museum in Queens called PS1, and it is an old school converted to a modern art museum. After that I went to the Barcade in Brooklyn. It is everything you want a bar to be. It has old arcade games like Pac-Man and a beer selection that is two pages long... BLISS!
I was really stoked about Winter Break with the family and friends back in the good old MN (Minnesota), and not Mn (Manhattan). I really got a chance to get some rest and open some pretty awesome gifts. I really miss being about to just laze about and not do anything, and have a mom and dad who insist on doing everything for me. I went to Missy's "Move Over Baby Jesus, it's My Birthday" celebration extravaganza. Props to Liz for driving us to and fro.
Update on how I suck...
Several things make me a sucky teacher, the top two are when I was the sole cause of a student to weep in my presence. Students have cried before in front of me, but I had an overwhelming urge to say, "STUDENT'S NAME, DON'T YOU DARE CRY." I had the better sense not to. Second, I am damaging my students because I am making them anxious about the upcoming English Language Arts Exam.
Update on my MLK Day...
In lighter news, over the MLK weekend, I was in so many boroughs! In one day I was in Queens and Brooklyn (Manhattan is a given). I went to a museum in Queens called PS1, and it is an old school converted to a modern art museum. After that I went to the Barcade in Brooklyn. It is everything you want a bar to be. It has old arcade games like Pac-Man and a beer selection that is two pages long... BLISS!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home