Apres Moi Le Deluge -- After me the flood.
Through the ages, Louis the XV's words reach a NYC hipster's chick angst ballet. I am such a huge fan of Regina Specktor right now. There is really nothing I would rather listen to than Ms. Specktor. I feel that I am finally over my cold/flu/death, so I am functional in the classroom again. The horrible thing is that I have a class that I am sure likes me more than I like them. I also have a class I like a lot and think I hate them. There is another where we hate each other and we are generally fine with it. Lastly, the class I love and loves me back... aw... I have started writing about my teaching in a more constructive and structured way. Gotta love Word Processing. My students apparently invoke my name in other classes to cite things they have learned! Awesome. Today I won against the worst student ever. I beat her down with my determination to not let her have her way. She wanted out of my class, and I simply explained to her that she needed to work. She would not shut up, so I turned the class against her. I made general statements like, "right now I cannot teach because it is too disrespectful, I hope you all [the students] get an apology from the individuals who are stopping you from being educated." Mean, huh?
I am really thinking that I will be teaching next year and I hope to keep my kids. I really like the middle school, especially the seventh grade. I wouldn't hate having regular education kids, either, but I really do like students with special needs. Unfortunately, one of my students ran away. There is a missing person poster up in the time clock room that tells the reader this is not the first time this has happened. Last time, he was found in a train near Coney Island. With the sleet, rain, and snow, I cannot help but worry. But life must go one, even without him. Am I cold? I feel mad, angry, frustrated, and worried, but I don't feel sad. This is not the first student I had run away. This happened earlier this year too, but with a different student. She was found, but I have not seen her since.
No more sad news. Chinese New Year is coming!!! Let's go crazy, CHINESE STYLE!!!
I am really thinking that I will be teaching next year and I hope to keep my kids. I really like the middle school, especially the seventh grade. I wouldn't hate having regular education kids, either, but I really do like students with special needs. Unfortunately, one of my students ran away. There is a missing person poster up in the time clock room that tells the reader this is not the first time this has happened. Last time, he was found in a train near Coney Island. With the sleet, rain, and snow, I cannot help but worry. But life must go one, even without him. Am I cold? I feel mad, angry, frustrated, and worried, but I don't feel sad. This is not the first student I had run away. This happened earlier this year too, but with a different student. She was found, but I have not seen her since.
No more sad news. Chinese New Year is coming!!! Let's go crazy, CHINESE STYLE!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home